Food can do so much more than just feed. Cornerstone Community Kitchen will use food as a tool to strengthen bodies, minds and build healthier more sustainable communities. Thanks to the many donors that have contributed to this effort, in October we will open the doors to our newly built 9,600 square foot building with a commercial kitchen.
The Good News is ... several churches and organizations have raised the money for the construction of this wonderful building. However, funds are still needed for several items - 300 chairs, pots, pans, utensils, and funds to help with utilities for the building. This 9,600 square-foot community kitchen will be a centerpiece of job training, business incubation, and homeless feeding center.
The vision for the facility is to incorporate a multi-faceted approach as we feed our neighbors. As a part of the wrap-around approach of Cornerstone Development and Conerstone Baptist Church, this breaks the cycle of homelessness by also offering job training and social enterprise opportunities. We will make an impactful change to the South Dallas/Fair Park community by creating jobs, revitalizing abandoned urban areas, and promoting local food production/culture. In the process we will also create a one-stop shop for small food businesses to succeed leading to strong job creation to a chronically underemployed population. As we approach our anticipated grand opening we are seeking additional help to address specific areas of need.
Please join us in support as we work to make this vision a reality.
Above and Beyond
If you are interested in providing for the "Wish List" of larger projects, please send an email: Donald Wesson at Cornerstone Dallas.
- $5000.00 - Outfit the kitchen: Package of Pots/Pans/Utilities
- $10,000.00 - Exterior signage
- $15,000.00 - Iron fence around property
Some Facts about the new Kitchen
- 9,600 square foot facility
- 6,800 square feet of open space for seating for community ministry
- 1,400 square feet of commercial grade kitchen space
- 920 square feet of dedicated storage
- Dedicated men's and women's rest rooms with 6 toilets and 4 sinks
- Dedicated volunteer rest room space in the kitchen area
- 4 large rollup doors and 5 individual doors for easy entry and cleanup.
- HVAC in the entire space
"For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me." Matt 25:35-36